How do I get to the Star Party?
We're very excited to have the Emory Math and Physics Department host us again at The Emory Math & Science Center, 400 Dowman Dr., Atlanta, GA 30322. It's approximately 5.5 miles from the downtown hotels (15 minutes or so, depending on traffic).
Options for transportation:
- If you are driving, we recommend parking at the Peavine Lot, which is very close to the Observatory and is also FREE after 4:30 p.m. See the map below for details on where everything is in relation to the downtown hotels.
- A taxi will be about $25.
- You can also use Uber which will be about the same price but if you are a new user, use this link and you will receive your first ride free (up to $30).
- There are some public transportation options but they will take considerably longer.
- Visit the Facebook Star Party page for others who are going and to coordinate car/taxi sharing.
View Star Party 2013 in a larger map